Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What in the world I have been doing!!!!

Sewing of course!! I am nearly done with a corduroy jacket, just have to hem the sleeves and do some top stitching. It has been on the to do list for a year. Why does being on the to do list suck the fun out of projects? Anyway, I could not bear the thought of pressing hems last night, so I chucked the to do list.... I sewed just for ...pleasure!!!!!

Dee's vacation quilt, which was inspired by another brilliant quilter, inspired me. You can see Dee's story here, and she credits redpepperquilts. Also, this was Dee's entry for the quilt show that is still going on today!!!! Check it out.

Here is my version:


This picture, sad to say, was taken in the brightest spot in my house. For those who don't know me very well, I have been realizing that you might get the wrong idea about me. I don't love all those dark fabrics, it's just Fall here.

But it is Summer in these fabrics! So cheerful. I started out making a lap quilt last night. I made all 8 of these blocks. It was like recess!!!! This morning when I looked at the blocks, I decided that this was meant to be at least a twin!!! I ordered more.

These are Moda Water Garden charms. They have the cutest little critters on them. I also ordered some extra for helping with the scrappy back and for the binding.

The other fabrics were already in my stash, and I have plenty of them. Oh the bliss.

I love these little bees!

Block making has been side-tracked today by this post over at Sew Mama Sew. There is a baby that I have made some receiving blankets for, and they were looking pitiful and lonely by themselves. Hopefully I will have pictures of my version tomorrow!

Hope your day is as cheerful as my fabric!!!

Blessings,

KT

1 comment:

  1. to do rhymes with poo poo...doncha know! LOL and it's just not as attractive as when you don't have to do something! take high school calculus for instance! arghhh! I will be talking with you about that one! the new nine patch is so cute. it's a good thing I haven't seen that fabric yet (or remember seeing it, partzheimer's here) because I would have tried to steal it too.

    do I see some fabric I should know in there? LOL I haven't even seen you in the chocolate jacket yet...now you'll have another one! you're too fast for me. I like the burp rag. are you working on another project for the stash buster there?

    I'll be calling you later. it's Wednesday, no homework and we may just take a "gym" morning since Middlest had a 2 1/2 hour soccer game and then a 2 hour basketball practice last night.

    love to all, sister of the sewing seam

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I try to respond. Thanks for sharing your time and encouragement!