Being the start of the new year, I wanted to establish some quilting goals to keep me on track. My most important goal is to provide each of my immediate family with their own quilt. Secondly, I really want to improve my free motion quilting skills. Lastly, I want to have fun sewing, and not be hurried to get things off my plate! Lately I have wanted to clear my small projects bin. I started working on it over the holidays. Just because I am a little burnt out on large quilts anyway right now.
Just need to finish up this mug rug to match my sewing machine cover. I have plenty of rainbow strips left over from making coasters. So I made a couple extra.
I am giving one to a good friend locally, and the other one will fly off to parts undisclosed to an on-line friend. That is all I can say, other than you can be sure they aren't for me...look at all that red!
1. My small projects bin isn't so full...
Especially since I am about to finish up my "Quilting Process Mini". Check back Friday for a reveal and a giveaway.
2. Grandma's Peacock---this is to be finished January for sure! Still find the beautiful FMQ pattern that Dee drew for me intimidating. I will do it though!
3. Freshcut Quilt---loosing steam since there is no way for me to quilt it at home. We are house hunting, so spending the cash to have it quilted is not acceptable right now either.
|(My yellows are not photographing well today. This is a soft buttery yellow!)|
4. Hunky Dory Double Hourglass quilt---no new piecing.
5. Masculine Bento---not even started.
6. FMQ Challenge---fabrics selected. I think that I am going to make my blocks into a quilt as you go quilt at the end of the year. This year's quilty goal is to build some FMQ muscles!!
7. Strawberry Quilt---not even started.
8. Finish Orange Pinwheel Top.
I am going to add this to Works in Progress Wednesday. Be sure to Use the button on the side baar to check out the other goodies linking up there.
Hopefully I can get these all done this year!