Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Table Runner, Quilt, and a Blouse...Oh My!

First off, let me explain about the wacky array of pictures you are about to be subjected too witness.  I got up nice and early to take them, when it was too dark this morning.  Then I took some of them this afternoon, in the yard, when it was too light!  Well, I came inside and snapped a few more and decided beggars can't be choosers.


When I bought this fabric, I really wanted it to be something for my table.  I guess it is the cherries.  I just love how the soft blue and watermelon-pink play together.


This is the center block, which has an extra border to set it off.



I enjoyed tinkering with my decorative stitches and different thread colors.  Each of the end blocks is bordered with this floral vine that is probably my favorite decorative stitch.


I tried hard to capture the little pearly blue polka dots on the binding.



No amount of lighting changes could capture the soft washed out blue batik backing fabric.  Since I was keeping this piece, it had to have a scrappy back, even though I had enough batik fabric...weird huh?



I love how the decorative stitching fell on the back!



Really like the thread color change on the back too!


The original panel for the cherry print had 15 blocks.  Since I only used 3 for my table runner, I put the others to good use.  This sweet baby quilt maybe the first quilt I sell.


Used that floral vine, but kept to only pink thread.



I used a machine feather stitch on the inner block.  Love those bunnies too!!


The sashing and the backing are white one white, and I love how it makes the pink quilting thread look!



I also have this Nicey Jane blouse that I am trying to finish up.  The scraps are already cut into charm squares though.  (Does that make another WIP?)

W.I.P.s:

1.  Nicey Jane Blouse.
2.  Treasure's Neptune Kaleidoscope Quilt.
3.  Grandma's Peacock.


Be sure to visit the other W.I.P. linkers by using the cute button on the side bar.

Blessings,

KT

3 comments:

  1. Oh, the runner and quilt are very sweet! I love soft colors like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep saying I need to do the WIP posts...I have way too many WIP and maybe that would motivate me :)
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your tablerunner, it's sooo pretty!
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. KT, these are beautiful projects!!! I especially like how those decorative stitches look on the front AND the back of the runner and quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I try to respond. Thanks for sharing your time and encouragement!