Monday, February 23, 2015

Huge Fresh Cut Finish!

Well, I finally got this done!  It measures a whooping 96" x 108", and has amazing Hobb's Wool Batting.  I am not completely daft, I realize that our bed is only queen size.  The problem is that Treasure likes to roll up like a burrito, and I like to have only my nose poking up out of the top of the covers.  Top that off with our room being the coldest in the house, and you begin to understand why we were sleeping under three quilts and a blanket.  Needless to say, the bed is much easier to make now!
Most of the fabric is from Heather Baileys Fresh Cut line.  Sadly to say, I started this quilt so long ago, that most of it is from the original run of the fabric.  You know the quilt should be finished when the re-print is hard to find!!!  Of course it would have been nearly impossible to quilt without my Juki.


Had to push all the clutter to the side to show you the room!  Needing to start the Spring cleaning.  You may spot a cobweb or two.  Did spruce up the quilt rack with my Tutti Fruity Quilt.
So glad I had enough yardage to make some matchy pillow cases. 




My baby blanket still hangs on my wall.  I need to move it over a little.  My new curtains hang over farther.  Unfortunately that means I have to buy paint to patch the wall....blurg.  The shelf holds odd bits of memories.  

On another wall I have hung up the quilt that Treasure and I used to fight over  sleep with.  I still love Rainy Days and Mondays, made so long ago.
In case anyone is interested in the wool batting, Treasure and I both agree it is the best!  Last night we slept with a sheet, blanket and this quilt.  So much lighter than the metric ton of quilts we are used to sleeping under.  Usually my feet are so cold by the time I go to bed that it takes an hour or so to warm up enough to sleep.  I was warm in mere minutes, but didn't get overly hot.  Treasure said it was the best sleep he had in a long time.  I've used this batting before in a quilt for my Mother-in-Love, but this is the first one I have kept.  It quilts like butter!

Linking up with:

Randi

Blessings,

KT

4 comments:

  1. Your quilt is simply beautiful! I imagine you spend some time just staring at it with great pleasure every day! I've used wool batting in two custom quilts and really liked it. It's a much nicer loft than thin cotton or cotton/poly, and it also quilted very nicely. I've decided to use it in all bed quilts I make for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wool batting sounds the way to go! Love the new quilt and cases! Happy, happy, happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that you can make and appreciate your own quilts. So many people finish them up, and hide them away. You're a true quilt sister in spirit! Thank you for highlighting the wool batting. It's on my radar to change over to also.

    Julie @ Pink Doxies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the quilts you have in your home. I have only done a wall hanging with wool batt, but I would love to try it in a full quilt. I wish I could get it where I am. Grats on a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I try to respond. Thanks for sharing your time and encouragement!