Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Henna Love!!!!

Finally finished, and I am loving it!  It is a whooping 62" by 74". I used a free tutorial shared by Crazy Mom Quilts on the Bee Square Blog.  Mine is a smidge bigger.

I used my walking foot to quilt along the zig zags.  Four lines in each ash grey kona zig, and two lines in each Henna zag. 

Since I didn't calculate how many blocks to make, and just made a ton extra, I cut up the extra blocks I made and re-sewed them to make the back.  (It only makes sense if you are a quilter!)  The rest of the backing is a Michael Miller Print.  It echos many of the Henna colors, and contributes to the "Love".  Yes, I still have more blocks left over, and I am not a bit sad about it!

I really like the way the back turned out!

Thought about using a solid for the binding, but had more Henna in my stash, and it really finishes it nicely!

I am linking up with Fabric Tuesday (thanks for featuring my purse girls) so be sure to visit all the other wonderful finishes!  Use the dandy "Fabric Tuesday" button on my left side bar.

Blessings,

KT

15 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a beautiful quilt! I've got a jelly roll of Central Park to use, I wonder if it would work with this pattern? I'm going to check! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful project. I love the colours in it and I hope it brings you oodles of happiness whenever you see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt! loving your fabrics and the quilting

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely a quilt to fall in love with! Your Henna Love is fabulous! Did it take a long time to do all the zigging and zagging? It is a beautiful affect. It's a great size too, and the extra blocks on the back are a nice touch. I love the Henna prints as a binding. It goes to show you it is always a good idea to buy extra fabric! I also don't calculate how many blocks are needed (so glad I'm not alone)...isn't it fun to overestimate and end up with extra?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming over from Fabric Tuesday...

    Love your quilt! Such bright Spring colours! They look great with the grey fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this KT! I just got some Kona gray too exactly for a project like this. It looks so great, you made excellent decisions. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous! The binding and the backing are just beautiful! Congratulations on a beautiful finish, I'm sure you will love it forever! :) Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this too! Gorgeous! It is so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous quilt. I've got a zig-zag in progress and you have made me want to quilt it just like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is just beautiful. The fabric choices you made is perfect. I love it! This is a great inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! It's so light and fresh. And your quilting is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilt and the back is particularly lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I try to respond. Thanks for sharing your time and encouragement!