Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Welcome to the family Violet!


This is Violet, she came to live at my house this past Friday.  Some of you may know that I have a UFO quilt that I have been hesitating to finish.  It will be way too big to quilt on my Janome.  I have been considering getting a Juki (and still may in the distant future) but I have home repairs that are more important.

I love my Pearl, my Singer Featherweight.  So, imagine my joy when I found this beautiful machine for only $45!  Saturday I cleaned, oiled, and lubed.  In doing so I found that she has a knee mechanism in her cabinet.  Yes, the original cabinet was part of that incredibly low price.  Violet is a Singer 201!



Still don't know for sure if my quilt will fit.  That is a 5" charm square in her throat space!  But as I used her to sew these picnic quilt squares, I realized I will want to do a lot of my sewing on her.  She loves to sew, and that knee thingamajig is wonderful.

Joy, my Janome, requires a visit to the spa about every 9 months.  At $70 each visit, I have nearly payed for her twice.  I love Joy, but Violet I can maintain myself.  In so doing, I can save some wear and tear on Joy.


On to the progress!


1.  Picnic Quilt---332 denim and fabric blocks done.  625 is the goal!  I have run out of denim, and am pestering all my friends for their worn out jeans!!


2.  Hunky Dory Quilt---all 86 blocks done.  Now to square them all up!

3.  Amy Butler Bag---no progress, but I need to pull this out and get it done before vacation.

4.  Fresh Cut Quilt---Going to get back to this one as soon as the bobbins, walking foot, FMQ foot, and new marked plate get here.

Off to re-arrange my sewing area so Violet fits!  be sure to check out the other works in progress by using the button on the side bar.

Blessings,

KT




3 comments:

  1. You lucky girl!!!!! Violet is so pretty!!! Let me know if you still need denim after next week. I'll be back home then and can send you some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun! What a great little machine! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a lucky, lucky find! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I try to respond. Thanks for sharing your time and encouragement!