Sunday, June 26, 2011

Oh how I've missed you!!

Life had gotten so busy, that I ended up tired out with a horrible respiratory infection.  Had I been the only one to get it, that would have been one thing.  But alas, every one in the family got it!!!  Needless to say, computer time is been at a minimum.


Here and there I have managed to sew!  ;0)  These are more of this great pattern.


Finally finished one of my pinwheel party tops.  I refuse to take the button off my side bar until both quilts are done.  You girls hold me accountable now!


The Jennifer Paganelli blocks...


and the Henna Garden blocks...


are my favorite!!!  I know, you're shocked!!



I bought the background at Connecting Threads, so when I wanted an orange solid for the back that is where I went.  Perfect match, and the quality is great.  The price was made this a home run!!  I just don't feel like quilting it now, so after I finish the back, it will wait patiently until fall.


While shopping for the backing, I couldn't resist these little life saver prints.  They just happened to want to play with another bargain fabric (the squares) from my stash.  The solids are some Moda Bella that I won a while back.  These are all saying Irish Chain to me right now.  We will see.


Did join a quilt a long.  Another button on the side bar...sigh.  But I love the pattern and had been keeping this little stack back for a quilt for Treasure.  I think that the Neptune is lovely, and will remind us of our family vacations to Gulf  Shores Alabama.



Had some difficulty with static cling making the template stick to my ruler.  Since I have a ton of triangles to cut, I didn't want to piddle with it, so a touch of spray basting to the template fixed that up in a jiffy.   Not too much, or you will spend your time peeling fabric from the template!!



Using Kona Herb for the background.  Liked what I saw with people using Kona Stone, but  I liked how the Herb looked with the fabrics too.  Plus it is the color of a stormy sea (and Treasure's eyes), bonus!
Now I am feeling nervous at the risk!  These are the selvedges and the scraps that will become the back, and may be something else too!

So now we are caught up!! 

Blessings,

KT

2 comments:

  1. Sorry everyone was ill...so love the fabircs and projects...thanks for catching us up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KT, so sorry to hear your entire family was sick. It really is hard to get anything done when you are ill and/or taking care of loved ones. Great finishes to share....cute bags...love both the pinwheel quilts...good luck with the new quilt a long...like how you are choosing your fabrics ;-) Keep well!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I try to respond. Thanks for sharing your time and encouragement!