Saturday, January 22, 2011

Oh Joy.


Well, I have been doing a lot of this lately.  And not just over this test block, which by the way is one inch too big in every direction.  Guess I will have to make it into a mini for this


Here is the final version for my Sew Bee It January block.  Meredith's theme was four letter words.  But really, there has been a three letter word resonating in my heart.


Yup, joy.  This is an early birthday present to myself to remind me minute by minute.  I bought it from Lora, who made it to order, but also has a great shop.

I fell in love with Jesus more than twenty years ago.  (My first year of college for the curious!)  He has given me great joy.  But somehow, over the course of the last couple of years, I have lost it--the joy, but not the love :0). 
Not every year, but many years I have asked the Lord to show me a heart issue I needed to work on.  Not really a resolution.  More of an openness to let Him change me, permanently.  Guess what, I haven't done it in a couple of years!!!  (There might be a connection there...)

So I have asked Him to give me my joy back.  He let me know that He would LOVE to!!  YAY!!!!

Then in the shower one day,----sometimes that is the only quiet time I get----He reminded me of this verse:

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."  James 1:2-4

That is when I realized that I am probably going to get more than what I bargained for this year!  This may be worse than praying for patience!!  LOL!!  I do have to admit that the "not lacking anything" part gives me great hope.  I think that it is a promise.  I know that I need it.

So, I may just be giving you all a joy update every now and then along with my quilty recess. 

Just want to leave you with a great comfort that I have found.  Jesus said:

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you.  Now remain in my love.  If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.  I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.  My command is this:  Love each other as I have loved you."  John 15: 9-12

Just another good promise in there!

Blessings,

KT


5 comments:

  1. I hope you find your joy KT. I think that these years of childrearing cause us to be so busy and so tired that it is hard to remember to take time for these important issues of self development/faith. I love your Pray block. I just made some freepieced word potholders and had such fun. It IS hard to keep them small though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know how I feel about praying for patience! I don't! LOL

    I think a lot of times we forget that the destination isn't just what we're here for...but the journey is just as important. It isn't the product He's paying attention to so much as the process.

    Remember, joy is not the same as happiness. The joy of the Lord is our strength...happiness is just the sprinkles when things go our way!

    Love ya muchly. Missed you all this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post! I love your word! I love that you bought yourself the necklace as a reminder. I love that God gives you a verse right at the perfect time. I love that you shared your honesty about losing your joy. But God is always faithful and always there and loves you just like you love Him :)
    Oh and I LOVE your pray block! beautiful!
    Have a blessed week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pray block and this beautiful, honest, and heartfelt post. I was reminded this morning that this life is preparation for the age to come. I have faith that as you follow the example of Jesus, you will find both joy and perseverance, maturity and completeness, and will indeed lack nothing. Praying for and with you, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your word blocks. You've been spending time reading, praying and pondering, the three things we need to do to be one with Christ and his Father. Your post touched my heart, with its honest and heart-felt feeling that came right through the cold internet page. Someone at church pointed out to me once that if I felt Heavenly Father was at a distance, he hadn't moved, I had. I try to keep that in my mind, always.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I try to respond. Thanks for sharing your time and encouragement!