Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pass the Coffee

I finished this yesterday, but it has been a rough couple of days.  Friends are sick, injured, hurting.  Some have lost loved ones.  The prayer list is so long.  Sigh.  That is where my focus should have been.  Nope, it wasn't.  I was wrapped in my own health, pain, and selfishness...SIGH.  Good thing Dee is around to lean on, vent to, snap me out of it!!!  She gave me most of these selvages for my stash.  They never made it there.  This is my first ever mug rug, and it helps my smile feel like coming home.  Dee gave the tags too.  Good friends, great finds...well, one of us anyway!

This is its new home, right next to Joy.  Its job is not only to help with drinks and snacks, but to beautify my ugly sewing desk!!  It does a good job!!

Blessings,

KT

5 comments:

  1. Great idea, and it's never, ever selfish to do something nice for ourselves. And this is so cute...AND..just look how you shared something with others by posting this and sharing it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, KT. Enjoy your cup of coffee on that sweet mug rug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it does a beautiful job. Sending you hugs and sunshine my quilty friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get a breather in there. The desk topper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending hugs and well wishes to you KT! I really like your mug rug. It should help brighten your day. So sweet of Dee to send the selvages and tags. I clicked to get a closer look at the tags and saw the lovely stitching you did around them! Very, very pretty! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I try to respond. Thanks for sharing your time and encouragement!