Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Resting....



Well, it has been a whirlwind summer for me, with 4-H and several new endeavors for my family.  Trying to get our house fixed up to sell, or live in...whichever The Lord shows us is best has been very time consuming as well.  Today, the house is mostly clean, laundry is running, and I am hoping for some quality, quilty time with this quilt.  (Just as soon as I quit drinking coffee and actually get showered.)
 
Really, it is mostly done.  Still waiting on the binding fabric to arrive, so I might just have time to cut into this fabric.
 

 
I purchased the FMF while on vacation this year.  Just got the stripe this week...the last on the bolt...thanks be. 

 
I am planning on making this pocket bag from the book "Romantic Home Sewing:  Cottage-Style Projects to Stitch for the Home" by Christina Strutt.  It should be a quick sew, and hopefully the perfect cross-body bag to haul my iPad and handwork to soccer this fall.
 
Linking up to Show and Tell Tuesday
Fabric Tuesday
And WIP Wednesday
 
You can visit the many other wonderful projects by clicking on the cute buttons on the side bar.
 
On a more personal note.  my family has been looking for a house with more elbow room in our area for almost 4 years now.  We believe we are seeking God's will in this, but He hasn't provided the house yet.  We go to look at two houses this evening if you could be praying for us.
 
Blessings,
 
KT


4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the house hunting! I hope you find what you need.

    I adore those colors! That is going to be a fantastic quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing He already has answered your prayer...and asking Him to help you til He reveals it to you. Glad you get to sew and hoping you are at peace. 💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely bag and it will be so suitable for soccer. I'm holding your family's need up to the Universal Healing Power and asking for granting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone once told me... God's timing is always on time. It seems that what we are praying for, whether an answer, a direction or just a door to go through... comes at the very last minute (based on our time schedule). I don't know you and don't even know how I got to your link, but saw KT, which are my sister's initials and really liked seeing the word "resting".
    God is behind every door and He IS in the details of our busy lives. I will be praying that God would favor you and your family with "elbow room" and also that He would honor the choices that you all make, according to His Will in Christ Jesus.
    Happy end of summer and enjoy every day that preceeds a new beginning for you all.
    Jollene

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I try to respond. Thanks for sharing your time and encouragement!