Friday, July 20, 2012

Flipping for a New Bag

Hurried to take these pictures before the battery in the camera died.  The charging cord has sprouted wings, so it might be awhile before I can take some decent pictures.  Not that my photography skills are that great anyway. 

Anyhow, I finally finished my Amy Butler Field Bag.  Looked back, and I got it finished before its year anniversary as a WIP.  Good thing I still love the fabrics!  Erin McMorris' Summersault is so cheerful.  Perfect for a travel set and purse.  I have some small scraps left, and a wallet pattern, but I am feeling the itch to move on.


I used some very bright fabrics from my stash to finish off the inside.  It has some great pockets!  I still have some hand sewing to do to tack down the lining to the outer layers, just couldn't wait to share.
On a pattern note.  I will have to wait until this bag falls apart at the seams to ever make another one.  While I love the bag, it took as much time as a quilt.  This is not a quick fix, but it will be super useful for short overnight trips.  It is much cuter than luggage!



I am wanting a new beach bag.  My book always gets damp in the family beach bag when wet towels get thrown in on top.  (To make it worse, it is usually my beach towel that someone else filched used.)  Anyhow, I am hoping a bag that is mine alone HANDS OFF! will solve this little inconvenience.  A girl can dream can't she?
EDIT-- I have finished my beach bag, but haven't gotten any pictures(love the Mondo Bag by the way!). Linking up to Sew and Tell. Be sure to use the cute button on my side bar to see all the great stuff that is finished! Blessings, KT

5 comments:

  1. Beach? I am so there! Love the bag...if I carried one, this would be it.

    Call me. I'm home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first bag is wonderful! was it hard? and a new beach bag....hurry up and sew it and get to the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your finished bag! It would take me way more than a year to complete something like that ;-) Great fabrics you've selected for your new beach bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great bag. Definately better than plain old luggage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great bag! Your colors are so bright and cheery - who would not want to have this bag with them at all times...not just for travel!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I try to respond. Thanks for sharing your time and encouragement!