Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mary or Martha

I am coming to grips with the fact that I will not finish much more on my list, you know, the doo-doo list! We did get our tree up and have been enjoying it very much. Still, The Christmas Quilt 2 is not even under the sewing machine yet. But we have visited two nursing homes to spread cheer. Much more important!

Since I haven't really been sewing much, I thought I would share some things that I have completed in the past.


I can't even remember how long ago I did this! It still hangs in our entry way. I love being home with those I love, especially during the holidays.

This hangs near the first. It is a beaded sampler. I loved doing this, but don't have this much sit down time anymore. I used a Christmas gift from my mother-in-love to purchase the materials. Soon after, I found out that I had thyroid cancer. Needless to say, I then had sit down time. God carried me through, and eleven years later, I am still in His arms.



This is a gift that I gave Treasure a couple of years ago for Christmas. The picture reminds me of the sunsets out our living room window.

As we are nearer Christmas, I struggle, Mary or Martha? Should I rest in His arms or tackle the doo-doo list? I choose Christ.

If you need encouragement to dive into the quiet beauty of the season, visit here. I hope that you are all as blessed by the visit as I was!

I likely will not be posting anymore until after the Holidays.

Many Blessings and Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. What fun to walk down memory lane with you, dear sister! I remember them all!

    Why not be both Mary and Martha? Balance between the two.

    Call me later because I can't even begin to describe my morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a joyous Christmas!!! See you in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I try to respond. Thanks for sharing your time and encouragement!